- If you chose to become a certified PRINCE2 or MSP practitioner, both have similar process models but use different terminology, so you would learn what is essentially duplicate information. With the Praxis Framework certifications, you learn about the process model once
- Taking Risk Management as an example theme, it covered by many introductory courses such as PRINCE2 and APM's PFQ. The fundamental nature of managing risk does not vary between programmes and projects, therefore Praxis Framework Certifications cover risk once and explains how it is applied to different contexts. The same can be said of other themes, Business Case, Organisation, Planning and Control.
- Documents specified in PRINCE2 and MSP are also vey similar. When defining the context of Business Case and Stakeholder Management Plan or Strategy, the basic structure is no different in a project than in a programme. Therefore, the Praxis Framework Certification removes document duplication.
By stripping out the duplication, the Praxis Framework courses can offer training on all aspects of programme and project management for a fraction of the cost.
Syllabus areas covered by The Praxis Framework Certification
- Context and overview
- Organisation Management: sponsorship and management independently of whether they are applied at programme and project level, Significant overlaps are eliminated.
- Stakeholder Management: only one stakeholder session is required instead of three
- Business Case
- Information Management
- Managing Scope
- Manage Schedule
- Manage Finance
- Manage Risk
- Manage Change
- Manage Resources
- Interpersonal Skills